Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Why SHOULD I work, Mr. President?

Mr. President, you can stop attempting to "create jobs". (First off government shouldn't be creating jobs anyways, but only a climate for individuals to create them in but that's a whole 'nother issue.)

I decided today that there isn't much reason for me to work, according to your guide-book.To be honest, it's not worth my energy or time. So I don't think I'm really going to look that hard for a job. I have you to rely on, Mr. President.

If I'm already unemployed, why start? And if I'm working hard right now, regardless of societal-economical status, why continue? And if I'm retired and living off my savings thanks to big government's demands, why go back to work. Really? I'll just live off the government!

According to your worldview, and other leaders like you (Republican or Democrat etc), we need government to survive, we need government to thrive, and in order to best help mankind, we need to trust government with every penny we make.

So, if in your theory, the poor should keep receiving from the government without putting into the coffers  the middle class has to rely on the government to make their other jobs fruitful to pay the bills and the rich should keep giving to the government and cut into their savings, then why work at all?????

It's a waste of time! You have it all figured out! I'm entitled to pure happiness and ease of labor!

But Sir, do you not realize that the more you tax - the poor or wealthy - the faster the money runs out?
What happens when the wealthy have nothing left? Where do you get the resources then to provide for those who do not work? Somehow I have to wonder if your mom ever taught you about sowing and reaping: if you want to have cookies, you have to do the work to make them. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Let me know when you figure out this system of yours doesn't quite pan out like you'd envisioned. We're Americans and we know that to whom much is given, much is required. And we really don't mind working, growing industry and taking home a check that shows fruit of our labor. But if the system you propose is playing by the set of rules you're peddling than we're not going to succeed anyways. So we'll take a clue and sit out for this turn but just let us know when you're ready for us to show you how a successful country is run. We'll be waiting...