- Jesus defends one man one woman marriage in the gospels: "On the other hand, Genesis states and Jesus reaffirms God's good plan for marriage: "From the beginning the Creator made them male and female. . . . For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh" (Matt. 19:4-5). "
- Quotes Russell Moore "...the gospel doesn't need family values to flourish: "Real faith often thrives when it is in sharp contrast to the cultures around it..."
- "...this is hardly the first time an America court or legislature has promoted or tolerated actions contrary to biblical morality..."
- "Waves of good marriages will make the case for God's plan more effectively than any state or federal law..."
- We still have the freedom to promote traditional marriage (vs countries like China who are forced into abortions, not even having the freedom to promote or choose a certain value)
Monday, July 22, 2013
Refreshing: Marriage Battle - All Is Not Lost
I've just come across a piece that is awash of encouragement. While I am not sure that I agree with all of what the author says, I see nuggest of gold. Here are a few of them from The Surest Way to Promote God's Good Plan for Marriage (by Dan Doriani)
Take a peek at it yourself. And many thanks to Family Research Council for pointing me in the right direction of hope! (Sign up to join their regular Social-Conservative Issue Review email. It's a worthy email to receive!)