Friday, December 21, 2012

Regarding Newtown: Look for the Helpers

Friend and pastor Eric Moore shared the following. What a perfect message for today, a week after the CT shooting. We are grieving right now.

______
(Rev) Mr. Rogers Quote - Biblical Thinking on NewtownBy Eric Neale Moore

Mr. Rogers said it powerfully in language children can understand.

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world."

Former Presbyterian minister, Mr. Rogers took the Kingdom principle "be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good" and said it in a way that applies to the horror of Newtown, CT. One young man was overcome with evil, and now thousands are overcoming that evil in thousands of ways.

Goodness wins, evil loses.

_____


Powerful message, huh. We will not dispair. God has not left us. With Him, through Him and in Him only do we have hope. 

Praying for God's peace to the families of the departed ones this morning.