Friday, May 13, 2011

If Only You Knew

(in the voice of a 6 weeks old infant)

Dear Dad and Mom,

In these first days of my life, while things are still fresh, there are a few things I think you should know and keep in mind as you discover who I am.

You marvel at my huge round, clear, aware eyes. Did you know only 11 short months ago I was looking on the face of the Father?

I hear you amazed at the intricacy of my ears and the awareness of my recognition of sound like the voice of my parents. But my ears have been trained to recognize those I can trust; wouldn’t you do the same after spending eternity familiarizing yourself with the tender voice of the Father?

You are stunned at the strength of my lungs and you have not quite figured out my language or the meaning of my songs. They are worship!* I have sung with God’s angelic chorus for quite some time now and He’s sent me to bring you sounds from heaven. And don’t worry God will teach you what I’m saying, in time.

You wonder at my ease and comfort from my very arrival at spreading of my arms out wide, whether sleeping, awake, reclining or moving. It’s my place of familiarity before being tucked in your womb, Mom. I have spent forever reaching for my Creator, Lover and Friend. When you see me doing it now, I continue to relish His peace and presence. It’s my way of beckoning Him and His majesty into our very presence (yes, both you both and my presence simultaneously!).

I think my favorite part about being here is displaying His unconditional love, to you, Dad and Mom! You might make a mistake but I am not worried! I am in the oversight of my Father who obviously trusts you enough to give me to you, therefore I trust you implicitly. And no matter what, I show you unconditional love.

I do have a favor though to ask: as I grow older I will become even more aware of my surroundings, and may be drawn to distractions that could take my eyes from Him. But before I left His throneroom, He told me to remind you that if you train me up in the way I should [aka His way] go, when I am old I will not depart! I know I may disapprove at times with decisions you make but ignore my temporary displeasure. Continually point me to the risen and alive Savior, help me never overlook the importance of our Helper, the Holy Spirit and guide me so I never forget the voice of God. For this I will thank you - for forever.

Remember my arrival and presence in the world is to bring glory to God and continually fall more in love with Him. I have come to bless you, to teach you about God, and get to know Him more intimately with you.
Words cannot express how overjoyed I am to be yours; I can’t wait to spend a lifetime as your daughter, knowing eventually all of us will be right back where we started - in the very chambers of the our Living God.

I love you, Dad and Mom, so very very much!

Love,

Baby

*"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, "'From the lips of children and [nursing] infants you have ordained praise'?" Matthew 21:16
“At that time Jesus said, ‘I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children...’ ” Matthew 11:25

Reaching for You
(Click link to watch/listen)
Reaching for You (Hillsong).

Lyrics:
"I can't believe the way
Your love has got a hold on me
Each morning I wake to find You near
You lift me above my fears
And set my feet on solid ground
All of my days belong to You

And I breathe in Your breath of life that fills my heart
You are my all consuming fire

I stand here before You
In wide opened wonder
Amazed at the glory of You
The power of heaven
Revealing Your purpose in me
As I'm reaching for You"