Enter Planned Parenthood and Margaret Sanger.
I forget what source I was reading that highlighted this book Killer Angel, written by George Grant. The description that it was short, credible and a historical depiction of a life that few know about drew me to purchase it. The words on the page gripped me. The story of this woman makes you wonder how a person can be guilty of this level of evil and yet go unknown.
The author eloquently put Margaret Sanger’s life, the same generation and age range of Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini, in context:
“…Stalin would see to the slaughter of at least fifteen million Russian and Ukrainian kulaks… Mussolini would massacre as many as four million Ethiopians, two million Eritreans, and a million Serbs, Croats, and Albanians. As the wildly lionized Fuhrer, Hitler would exterminate more than six million Jews, two million Slavs, and a million Poles. As the founder of Planned Parenthood and the impassioned heroine of various feminist causes … Sanger would be responsible for the brutal elimination of more than thirty* million children in the United States and as many as two and a half billion worldwide.” (page 19; bold emphasis my own)
Our records of history and culture have justifiably branded Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini as cruel humans whose evil intents knew no bounds. But for some reason Margaret Sanger’s story has been hidden, cloaked in robes of glory, praise and justification. Our culture continues to live with this destructive chemical weapon in our back yard yet our understanding of it resembles that of the leaders of her day whom bought into her agenda. We, like her plethora of supporters did, prove ourselves fools, uneducated simpletons by allowing this monstrosity to continue.
Here are a few facts taken from Mr. Grant’s book:
- Margaret Sanger was a very troubled, broken and lost individual from youth until death. She was a sex addict beyond all reason. She was a gifted movement leader. And Planned Parenthood materialized from a small passion to implement the following ideas:
- She was a dedicated Eugenic… “thoroughly convinced that the ‘inferior races’ were in fact ‘human weeds’ and a ‘menace to civilization’.” (Page 83)
- Margaret’s efforts and business was “… from its inception implicitly and explicitly racist…evident in its various programs and initiatives: government control over family decisions, nonmedicinal health-care experimentations, the rabid abortion crusade, and the coercive sterilization initiatives.” (Page 85)
- She strategically placed her “clinics” in areas populated by those she saw as “unfit” for her crusade to ‘save the planet’. (Page 78) Her targeted cultures included those of the “Blacks, Hispanics, Amerinds, Fundamentalists, and Catholics” (Page 85) as well as Jews. She had no limits as to what she would do to accomplish her agenda.
- Around World War II, she and her colleagues “determined that all Planned Parenthood associations – regardless of social, cultural, or political contexts – make ‘legal access’ to ‘unrestricted abortion’ a ‘high priority.’” (Page 94)
- Margaret and her peers “made certain that each national affiliate would develop and implement ‘value-free’ sex-education curricula and programs…using perverse off-the shelf commercial pornography in elementary classrooms, undermining traditional values, usurping the authority of parents, and encouraging promiscuous activity…” (Page 95)
- Hitler and Stalin empathized or implemented her theories; one of her close friends was Hitler’s director of genetic sterilization, involved in the Nazi Society for Racial Hygiene.
Here’s a link to find Planned Parenthood corporate offices in your state or a list of facilities (example here is Michigan; see tab on upper right hand side of page for your own state info).
Our goal is not to demonize the people who are innocently involved, but to rescue them from destruction, as well as the women, fathers and unborn babes who are unknowingly caught up in this destructive agenda. This is where laws, local governments and alternative pregnancy resources centers play a role.
Here are three challenges:
- Educate: Find the closest Planned Parenthood in your region. Educate yourself on this story and share it with your friends.
- Pray: Network with others and start a prayer effort, specifically asking God: How can we help the people intertwined with this entity, and how do we remove this place and its agenda from our communities?
- Act. Now. Take God’s instructions, and the wisdom of others – and act.
Bless those who have not known. Love those who do not believe. But together set the story free to be told and to be known.
May our generation be written about in the history books: that in our time, Planned Parenthood was no longer utilized. Margaret Sanger, your poison has been exposed and your agenda will be inoculated.
Carry on Life Preservers… we have a job to do!
*Please note the book was last published in 2001. The number over abortions is over 54 million in the US now.