Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Post for the "Marriage Generation" Blog

I have the honor of being a contributor to this fantastic website: Marriage Generation. It is a collection of young adults who are working to make marriage cool again. Here is a sample of my latest piece. Keep reading on their site via the link below. 

Please note I have also added a direct link to their site in one of my main menu options.

Silent Cheerleaders
"I love following pop culture, technology advances, and fashion trends. When one monitors these things, one comes across many juicy tidbits on relationships’ of the famous. And as a Christian who is an advocate for lifetime marriage, I notice when marriages fall apart even among our cultural VIPs.

"There are a few couples in Hollywood I have my eye on right now. Unbeknownst to them, I’m the quiet cheerleader behind the laptop screen or the fashion magazine who is cheering when I see they are still together. It’s true, I pray for Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck; I’m in exhilarating awe at the marriage longevity for Faith Hill and Tim McGraw; I’m thankful that Jada Pinket Smith and Will Smith still make their marriage work--15 years and counting. My heart sings when I learn of a limelight marriage that has lasted for over 20 years. In celebration of Tom Hanks’ 25 year marriage milestone Parade Magazine took a look at 15 of the longest lasting marriages. I don’t expect Hollywood’s elites to have perfect marriages, but I celebrate when they stick it out.

"I realize personal life behind the public glamour is different all together; but I hope for their success. Angst creeps in when I consider the reality that – given the trend of marriages among the rich and famous – it is highly possibly their union may come to screeching halt.

"It’s true, I’m the one who grieves when a Hollywood couple’s marriage breaks down..." (keep reading)